Academia is a transnational mobility project for guidance professionals that started in 1995, currently coordinated by Euroguidance Spain as the national reference center of the European Euroguidance Network, attached to the Subdirectorate General for Guidance and Lifelong Learning of the General Secretariat for Vocational Training of the Ministry of Education and Vocational Training.
The aim of the Academia project is to promote each year the mobility of guidance professionals in Europe, to enhance networking and European cooperation in the field of lifelong guidance and information, and to promote the exchange of good practices and methods among participants.
Characteristics of the program
- The Academy program is developed annually for all the member countries of the Network, between the months of March and May.
- It is a mobility program aimed at guidance professionals.
- The duration of the stay is 3-4 days.
- Information about the programs of the Euroguidance Network countries participating in the ACADEMIA 2024 mobility program here.
Academy 2024: Instructions for participating in this new 2024 call will be published soon.
Academy in Spain
Spain also participates in this mobility program by receiving guidance professionals from other countries.
- Program 2023: held in the Valencian Community with the slogan "Digitalization, Professional Guidance and Talent Development”. Guidance professionals from different European countries (France, Italy, Latvia, Czech Republic, Sweden) participated in this initiative and had the opportunity to visit Vocational Training centers in Castellón, Alicante and Valencia to learn about their projects in situ, as well as How to exchange strategies and resources regarding professional guidance with your teachers.
- Program 2022: held from May 16 to 20 in Andalusia with the title: "Green Guidance: Careers of the Future". Eleven European guidance counselors from Denmark, Sweden, Germany, Latvia, Czech Republic and Estonia visited different vocational training centers and entities where vocational training students carry out on-the-job training in Seville, Cadiz and Huelva. All the visits were aimed at getting to know professional families related to the environment and sustainability.
- Program 2021: held in the Community of Navarra, from October 4 to 8, in which guidance counselors from Sweden, Germany, France and Lithuania carried out the program entitled: "Development of management skills of training itineraries in vocational training centers", visiting different vocational training centers.
- Program 2020: postponed to 2021 by COVID-19.
- 2019 Program: held in the Autonomous Community of Aragon, in which guidance counselors from France, Germany and Sweden carried out the Academy exchange program entitled: "Actions within an integrated system of Vocational Information and Guidance".